Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 Random Thoghts

      
While driving around today I had a few random thoughts going through my mind.  First, I was trying to figure out why our Bruin's haven't won a game since the Tampa Bay Lightning game.   The Bruins were playing GREAT, great hockey that 6 game road trip.  Everything they were doing just seemed to be working; they actually looked like a Stanley Cup contender.  Kaberle, Peverly, and Kelly all looked like they belonged.  Since that Lighting game the Bruins are 0-2-2, and have been playing like crap.  They have looked like the Providence B's on some instances.  Why?           
 My second thought was our power play or lack thereof, and since acquiring Kaberle we have managed only a couple of goals.  With all the talent this team has in Krejci, Lucic, Horton, and the "quarterback” Kaberle, this team should be scoring at least 25% of their power play chances.  To win in the post season you have to capitalize on the man advantage.  How has this team been this bad? Absolutely horrible, I know it "looks" good at times, but looking good only gets you so far.
 My third and final thought was Lord Stanley.  How good would it be to finally be able to win this thing?  To see our Boston Bruins raise Lord Stanley for the first time in 39 years, in my lifetime (28 years).   To be able to go into Boston and see the Duckboats driving our team around Boston, Black and Gold confetti covering the streets and sidewalks of Boston.  Followed by Cam Neely dancing on the City Hall steps copying Bob Kraft after the Patriots won their 1st Super Bowl.   I'm getting chills just thinking about it.  Man, that would be amazing, that would be the second best moment of my life... of course the first moment is when I married my wife. 


Till Next Time,

The B's Knees

No comments:

Post a Comment